Dates: October 26 – 31, 2021
Hours: 12 noon – 6 pm
Location: Stephen Bulger Gallery, 1356 Dundas Street West, Toronto ON
To book your appointment, please visit our Eventbright link.
The Stephen Bulger Gallery is pleased to host Pop-Up 2021. Five galleries from across Canada will come together in a collaborative effort to showcase some of Canada’s best artists by designing a small-scaled art fair inside SBG. Visitors can look forward to curated collections highlighting Contemporary and Historical artworks. We are excited to welcome back Michael Gibson Gallery, Pierre-François Ouellette Art Contemporain, TrépanierBaer, and Wil Aballe Art Projects.
Spontaneous visits are welcome, but appointments are encouraged. Entry will be timed to every 30 minutes.
We are pleased to be participating in ADAC's Toronto Gallery Week. This online and in-person initiative supports and promotes galleries in the city with ongoing or special in-gallery programming, including those who are hosting other galleries in their spaces during this week. To learn more, visit here.
COVID Contingencies in Effect:
All gallerists and the SBG team are fully vaccinated. To ensure a safe experience for our visitors, proof of vaccination (or medical exemption) paired with a valid photo ID will be required at the door for entry for all guests over the age of 12. Masks and physical distancing will be in effect as this is an indoor event. Please note that a non-contact infrared forehead thermometer scan will also be mandatory upon entry. We have set a limit of 30 visitors in the gallery at any one time (less than our allowable capacity of 120 persons).
OPEN BY APPOINTMENT OR BY CHANCE
Tuesday, October 26 – Sunday, October 31 from 12pm to 6pm
HOW DO I GET IN?
- You must wear a mask
- No groups larger than 10
- Book appointments by phone 416-504-0575 or book on our Eventbright link.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET IN?
- Use our wall mounted thermometer; your temperature must be below 38 Celsius to enter
- Once inside we will lock the door behind you
- The gallery team member assisting you will also wear a mask, and will social distance. Please note that our team is vaccinated and, while at their working stations, are allowed to remove their masks
CAN I TOUCH THINGS?
- If wearing gloves that we provide, you can touch the books for sale in the reading room, as well as flip through the matted photographs and posters in the print bin located in the viewing room
- Please do not touch any other photographs you might see inside, photographs are fragile. We're happy to show them to you, just let us know what you want to see
- To minimize touched surfaces, we no longer have print outs of the price list. Scan the QR code, or provide your email and we would be happy to send you a link to a digital price list you may view on your personal device. We can provide a complimentary Wi-Fi code for those with a limited data plan
HOW LONG CAN I STAY?
- A quick visit to look around is usually 10-15 minutes; if you are intent on purchasing something, plan for 30-60 minutes
- If you make a spontaneous visit, we are happy to accommodate you provided that we are under our capacity limit, which we’ve set at 30 (even though by law we can allow 175 persons)
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LEAVE?
- Please inform us if you used the washroom, or if you touched any surfaces, so we can make sure we have cleaned and sanitized for the next visitor
WHY SO MANY RULES?
- Stephen Bulger has decided to take a cautious approach to working during the health crisis. Apologies for any inconvenience, please direct any complaints to Stephen Bulger. (Please do NOT complain to my employees)